ANROWS webinar Enhancing practice when working with men who use domestic and family violence and who come from refugee backgrounds
2pm Thursday 14 May.
Vacancy: Taskforce Alexis Respondent Worker
Peninsula Health is the major metropolitan health service caring for a community of 300,000 people. Our vision is to provide exceptional health and community care.
In representing Peninsula Health, we expect all employees and volunteers to reflect our values: Be the Best, Be a Role Model, Be Open and Honest, Be Compassionate and Respectful and Be Collaborative. We are One Peninsula Health.
What you will be doing
An exciting opportunity exists for a Respondent Worker to work alongside Victoria Police on the Taskforce Alexis project. The Worker will be a part of the Men’s Family Violence team, and be directly supported and supervised by the Program Manager. The position however will be located at Somerville Family Violence Unit at Somerville Police Station.
The work is primarily focused on the intake, assessment and case management of men who use family violence, and who are currently being investigated by Victoria Police.
- Manage referrals and coordinate assessments.
- Provide case management to clients.
- Liaise with relevant agencies and workers, in order to build safety and timely responses to families affected by family violence.
- Ensure effective and appropriate, clinically informed support and service options are provided to clients at all times.
- Promote and practice respectful relating and non-violence.
- Demonstrate positive workplace behaviours and relationships at all times, both within Peninsula Health and Victoria Police.
- Build and expand personal skill levels and ensure that clients receive service reflecting up to date, evidence based professional practice.
What you need
- Applications are sought from suitably experienced candidates with appropriate qualifications and experience. Knowledge of family violence is essential.
- Please see the position description for a full list of criteria for the role.
If you experience any issues signing in or registering, please feel welcome to contact us – the People, Experience & Performance Team on (03) 9784 2700.
Peninsula Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We encourage applications from individuals from all cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. We also provide a safe and supportive workplace for people with disabilities.
To find out more about our recruitment processes, compliance obligations and to prepare your application to join our team please visit: