Tasmania’s Premier and Minister for the Prevention of Family Violence, Hon Peter Gutwein MP, launched Safe from Violence, a new online central point of information for family and sexual violence.
The Safe from Violence website provides:
- Clear and targeted information.
- Resources and links about family and sexual violence for victim-survivors, perpetrators, family and friends of victims-survivors and perpetrators, service providers (specialist, mainstream and universal) and the community.
- Action to increase community awareness about family and sexual violence and its underlying drivers.
- Family and sexual violence service contact information; and
- Pathways to seeking support.
Safe from Violence is a living resource, with additional content to be added over time.
The Tasmanian Government committed to developing a family and sexual violence website after it was identified as a need from the Hearing Lived Experience Survey, the Family Violence Service System Review and community consultation. The launch of the website was pushed forward to meet the additional family violence measures in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
A series of posters, fact sheets and postcards are available in the Resources Hub, promoting the key messages that COVID-19 does not cause, justify or excuse family violence and that support services and open and available during the pandemic to support those impacted by family and sexual violence.
Visit Safe from Violence at www.safefromviolence.tas.gov.au, to learn more about family and sexual violence in Tasmania.