The COVID-19 outbreak has sparked immense collaboration across the sector. Please see below links with details of how to adapt during the crisis:
18-3-2020 Practice Bulletin No.1 Adapting practice
24-3-2020 Practice Bulletin No.2 Practice guidelines
What other agencies are doing:
Recently this organisation has published The COVID-19 Plan for the Victorian Community Services Sector and The COVID-19 Family Violence and Sexual Assault Sector Guidelines (Version 1.0).
DHHS has also provided a COVID-19 Family Violence and Sexual Assault Guidelines which we recommend for all Victorian sector workers.
- Magistrate’s Court of Victoria, Practice Directions
Provides information for people who are working with the courts.
Provides comprehensive community sector updates.
The listed organisations contain reference material which can be useful for sector workers:
- Respect Victoria
- Family Safety Victoria
- Safe Steps
- The Centre for Excellence in Child and Family Welfare
New South Wales
For people experiencing domestic and family violence A guide for workplaces – contains uplifting responses to domestic and family violence during and beyond COVID-19.
For people experiencing domestic and family violence, A guide for family and friends – supporting responses to domestic and family violence during and beyond COVID-19.
Listed are some key resources for people who work in face-to-face counselling:
- Rosanna Bellini and Nicole Westmarland’s paper ‘Initial Lessons Learned from using Video Conferencing Software to deliver Interventions for Men using Violence in Intimate Relationships‘
- The Lookout website cites research and latest updates for specific concerns surrounding family violence and crisis:
- Safe and Together – offers practical tips to assist you in delivery.