GET HELP - if in immediate danger, call 000


Get help

It takes strength to acknowledge that things may not be right and to look for help.

This page explains what support is available for you, what some of the next steps may be, and some things that might help you be the man, partner or father you want to be.

Men’s Referral Service

The Men’s Referral Service is the national counselling, information and referral service for men looking to change their behaviour.

If you are concerned about your own or someone else’s behaviour, call 1300 766 491.

Find a Men’s Behaviour Change Program

Men’s Behaviour Change programs support men to change their behaviour: helping you to be your best self.

Our list details Men’s Behaviour Change Program providers in Victoria, New South Wales, South Australia and Tasmania. 

How to support someone who is experiencing violence

If you or someone you know is experiencing violence, there are a number of national and state-based services that can help.

If you are concerned about how a friend, colleague or relative behaves towards their partner, children or another family member call Men’s Referral Service: 1300 766 491

Are you worried about your behaviour?

Relationships have their ups and downs, with occasional disagreements or arguments. Most people will feel frustrated, disappointed or angry with a relative or partner at some point. But there is a difference between a healthy level of disagreement and using violence and control.