As we bid farewell to 2019, No to Violence is celebrating a year of growth, new partnerships and expanded reach.
We want to thank our members, supporters and team and wish you all a safe and happy festive season.
No To Violence Head Office will close on Christmas Eve and reopen on 2 January.
Our Men’s referral service will have counsellors available everyday.
This time of year is the busiest for our team of counsellors, as the annual spike of family violence over this period impacts the Men’s Referral Service phone room and most importantly impacts women and children across Australia.
Feeling stressed or overwhelmed this season?
We asked some of our telephone counsellors for their tips on getting through the period safely
Their tips were:
- Pay attention to your body and check in with how you are feeling e.g. If you have a clenched jaw or you feel hot under the collar, take some time out
- Think about your children and loved ones and helping them have a great memory of the day
- Take time out when you need, but let people know you are working something out and you’ll be back
- Think about your alcohol intake if you’re worried about managing yourself on the day.
- Call a friend or a helpline like Men’s Referral Service on 1300 766 491 for support and encouragement.